Followers

Tuesday 5 January 2016

12 Tags of 2016 - January

Howdy Blogaroos,

Playing along with Sir Tim again this year. Let's hope I'll actually get 'round to posting them all this time. I think last year I managed 3 or 4 (though I made all of them!)

I LOVE, love, love, LOVE this month's tag. I adore the chalkboard technique, and have used it with the blueprint stamps several times already, and I'd been wanting to try embossing with foil tape for soooo long. Lucky for me, hubby had some stashed away, so now I could.

And this is how it turned out:


How cool is that? Apologies to all the males (and probably most of the females) in my life, but you'll probably all get something like this on your birthdays this year. Love it.

You can play along here:

12 Tags of 2016 - January

That's it from me for now, short and sweet. Have a lovely evening all.

Sammy-x

19 comments:

cotnob said...

A fabulous tag Sammy, I love the chalkboard effect and the blueprint stamp.
Pauline
x

Chris said...

Gorgeous tag Sammy, the embossed foil combines brilliantly with the chalkboard for a real masculine feel!
Chris
x

Irish Cherokee said...

Love the tag. Just one problem. Now you have me thinking about doing another metal embossing project. Smile. They are fun to do.

Hugs and Blessings
Jim

Margaret Mifsud said...

Wow!! This turned out really awesome!! I have wanted to do Tim's Tags for ages now and haven't yet got around to doing it. Must pull the finger out this year 'cos I really love all the techniques he incorporates. This is totally gorgeous Sammy .. well done!! xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Oh wow this looks great, any one would love this on their pressy

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous creation, gorgeous colours and love the added goodies.xx
 {aNNie}

Jane Savage said...

I thought you had ripped up a bit of industrial flooring and shaped it into a tag!!! :) What an amazing look. Sir Tim would be proud! xxx

Sarah said...

A Fabulous job Sammy, great texture on that foil xx

Pamellia said...

Fabulous Sammy! Love that you went a little warmer with the tones, and the light bulb is 'brilliant'!! Get it? HAHA!! hugs :)

Kat W said...

I think that the males (and females) in your life should be delighted with a tag as cool as this on their presents. The embossed foil turned out so gorgeous and goes perfectly with the chalkboard style stamping...a really fab design :-)

Big hugs, Kat xx

Pawsitively Creative said...

Love your take on this months tag. Grunge and foil tape go so well together. Awesome sauce design with the lightbulb! X ~Niki

downrightcrafty said...

beautiful tag love the image and the little metal embellishment
hugs Kate xx

Hetty said...

Great combination! Wonderful take on Tim'stag.

Christina said...

Beautiful tag!! I love what you did with the background! LOVE IT!!

Christina

Tamera said...

I love the clean lines and simplicity of your tag! Great job!

Mary Elizabeth said...

Sammy ... this is awesome. What a "bright" idea to use Tim's lightbulb for this tag. Love it!!! Great use of his techniques. Wonderful take on Tim's tag. Congrats on your win for the January tag over on Tim's blog! -- Mary Elizabeth

Christina said...

Congrats on the win! Beautiful tag!

sarascloset said...

Huge congrats on your Tim win! I read your profile, and have to laugh about your unhealthy obsession with paper...take a number! And I NEVER use it!

MakaArt said...

Great job! Congrats! Hugs, Maria ;-)